Olivia the Pig Costume

IMG 02431 Olivia the Pig Costume
What do you get when you combine a white sailor collar, black knot, red puffed-sleeve dress and…
IMG 0244 Olivia the Pig Costume
Wool felt pig ears? A darling OLIVIA the Pig costume, of course!
IMG 0230 Olivia the Pig Costume
I had so much fun recreating the classic dress from this smart and funny children’s book character. The absolutely adorable child who will be donning this costume this year will also wear those oh-so-cool black and white striped tights to complete the look.
IMG 02391 Olivia the Pig Costume
This one makes me wish I had a three-year-old girl. Today. Okay, actually next week. Just to dance her around in this fun gettup and win a bunch of costume contests. Maybe one day! For now I’ll just enjoy the stars and then put it in the mail;)
**I no longer make this costume to sell**
pixel Olivia the Pig Costume

1. yours truly
    Posted October 19, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

Ahhhhhh!!!!! Adorable, perfect!!! I'm SO excited to try this on her, with the complete look! Miranda, thank you, thank you- I am SO excited!! It is SO cute!! How in the woorld did you do those ears- they look two toned? They are PERFECT!!!

2. Rebecca Grace
    Posted October 19, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Permalink

The ears are absolutely PERFECT! Your costumes are exquisite and just getting to see them online is such a treat.

3. ewmackey
    Posted October 20, 2010 at 1:05 am | Permalink

this is adorable! i'm so impressed.

4. robin
    Posted October 20, 2010 at 1:26 am | Permalink

perfect. i am still so sad that parker changed her mind. grr…

5. Nicol
    Posted March 1, 2011 at 4:46 am | Permalink

Sorry Im very late but is it still possible to purchase this costume…My daughter's first bday will be Olivia and this outfit will complete the party!…Please email me Alexis1Bday@Gmail.com

6. owl
    Posted May 19, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

So beautiful!
    Can you tell me how to do
    this dress?
    my mail is owlsforest@gmail.com

7. Metzger Family
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 3:00 am | Permalink

LOVE this! Do you offer just the ears? I need Olivia Pig ears. It has been a complete fail trying to make them myself! Thanks!

8. Miranda
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

@Metzger Family

Hi! I do sell just the ears. Email me for details!

xo Miranda

9. ollie
    Posted August 27, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Permalink

How can order the complete outfit ears, dress, and leggings for october 22 for my daughters 1st bday party. Please email me at olliebabycouture@gmail.com

10. savannah
    Posted September 1, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

can i order the complete outfit (dress, leggings, and ears) for a halloween costume? please email me at savannahbellamy@gmail.com
    thanks :)

11. Travis and Amanda
    Posted September 11, 2011 at 12:18 am | Permalink

Do you make costumes for infants? My Olivia is 2 months old (will be 3 months at Halloween) and I'm searching for an outfit for her to wear this October. Feel free to e-mail me at amandac_0311@yahoo.com Thanks a bunch!!

12. Allison
    Posted September 15, 2011 at 1:19 am | Permalink

Just came across this, looking for the perfect Olivia costume. We have the leggings, but need the dress and ears and this dress is the best one I've seen. It's adorable. Are you taking Halloween '11 orders? My email is allisonclark1977@att.net

13. rebecca jane
    Posted September 17, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

Adorable costume! Looking to purchase just the ears- please email me at rebeccajpollock@gmail.com. Thanks:)

14. kate cherepowich
    Posted September 20, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Permalink

Hi!! My four-year old is obsessed with Olivia and has the whole outfit minus the ears. I saw that your halloween schedule is full, but on the off-chance that you could just do the ears, please contact me at katelynn17@hotmail.com.
    Thank you!!!

15. Mhauptli
    Posted September 30, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Permalink

Such a cute costume! I too just need the ears. Your ears are spot on! Is there any chance of being able to get some for Halloween? Please let me know. My email is Melissahauptli@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Melissa

16. Unknown
    Posted October 11, 2011 at 5:43 am | Permalink

Hi! Love your Olivia costume! I'm a first grade teacher and every year the staff plans themed costumes for our Halloween parade. This year we are going to be story book characters. I know you are all tied up for the month but I guess I have wishful thinking and i am hoping you could squeeze in a pair of your adorable Olivia ears (adult). Please let me know if it works out. Thanks Angie angie.cordova.k12@gmail.com

17. Christina
    Posted June 12, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Permalink

Adorable! Are you still making these? Would love to order one for Halloween 2012! Let me know. THANKS!!!

18. Lindsay
    Posted August 19, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Permalink

Hi! I would love to purchase one of these costumes for Halloweeen!!! My daughter is obsessed with Olivia! Please let me know if this is possible…my email is trampleasure@gmail.com. Thank you, thank you!

19. Pegg Hoffman
    Posted August 23, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

Ohhhh boy, as I nervously scroll through these comments, I nervously ask if there is any chance to purchase one of these for Halloween this year? (2012).

Posted August 24, 2012 at 1:22 am | Permalink

Hi Pegg! Unfortunately, my order schedule for 2012 is booked! I apologize for the inconvenience! Please think of me in the future with custom sewing needs!

20. Posted September 5, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

did you make the pattern for this dress or sbase it off a pattern?
    thinking my little ones would love this!!

Posted September 5, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Permalink

I made the pattern, basing the bodice off of a shirt of my son’s, then winging the skirt and collar. The skirt is a basic circle skirt, gently gathered into the bodice. The collar was sort of tricky, but I basically cut out paper in the shape I wanted the finished sailor collar, then added seam allowances and a velcro tab so it can close over the zipped back. I’m sorry I can’t help more!

21. Madison
    Posted October 11, 2012 at 8:55 pm | Permalink

I saw above that you are booked for Halloween ’12, but are you open for after that? My daughter (Olivia) has her first birthday on Nov. 16th & I’ve been looking for a good Olivia dress everywhere! Are you available? If not, I’ll just have to keep your site in my back pocket for anything else I can think of later!

(my email is madisonsasman@gmail.com)

Posted October 12, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Permalink

I’m so sorry, but I’m booked through March! I’ve stopped taking orders until I catch up! Keep me in mind in the future though:)

22. Mandi
    Posted October 17, 2012 at 9:45 am | Permalink

How did you make the ears? They are perfect!

23. Teresa
    Posted July 25, 2013 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

Hi, I saw this costume and absolutely love it for my daughter (Olivia) who will be 11 months old this Halloween. I am very interested in purchasing this costume. Can you please let me know if this is an option. Thank you in advance.

24. Joyce Ibarra
    Posted August 15, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

Love it!!!! Are u taking orders?

25. Carlye
    Posted August 28, 2013 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

Is there anyway you could make this costume for my daughter for halloween this year? Or do you think the mom of the little girl you made it for would be willing to sell it? My daughter’s name is Olivia and this is just perfect! She wears an 18mo size. Please let me know!

26. brenda jacobs
    Posted August 29, 2013 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

we have everything but the headband do you sell them how much do you charge for the headband with olivia ears?

27. Bethany
    Posted September 16, 2013 at 1:36 am | Permalink

Are you booked for this Halloween? My daughter is in 2T and absolutely adores Olivia.
    bethanyrodgers8@gmail.com

28. Melissa medeiros
    Posted October 16, 2013 at 10:04 pm | Permalink

Are you still making the olivia ears for Halloween 2013? Thank you!

29. Frances Nunez
    Posted March 5, 2014 at 4:26 am | Permalink

I absolutely love the dress. My daughter’s first birthday is this Sept & we’re doing Olivia as the theme since my daughter’s name is Olivia. Are you taking orders? If not, can you give me information on how to make this myself? Hope to hear from you soon. :-)

One Trackback

• By Happy Halloween! | { Ambrosia Creative } on October 31, 2012 at 9:37 am

[...] The oppression! I commissioned the talented Miranda to make an infant version of her popular Olivia the Pig costume. If you’re already thinking ahead to 2013, Miranda booked up pretty quickly around September [...]