I Sew-Vived!

pib pinterest I Sew Vived! sewvivor final I Sew Vived!

After linking up my entry on a whim in February, being picked for the top ten, then spending this whole last month cranking out a competition entry each week , today the Sewvivor Results were announced…and I won! Aahhh!

It has been an amazing journey with lots of crazy unexpected twists, late nights of sewing, feeling totally nervous all day on voting days, and best of all,  great new friendships. I feel very blessed to have had the chance to get to know the other contestants, and the host Rachel. They are all really talented, awesome girls that I hope to work more with in the future.

I really appreciate all the support and love I received from you guys, my family, and friends. Your comments made me smile, your votes helped me stay in it! I really pushed myself creatively, and learned some new things along the way that have made me a better seamstress and (hopefully) a better person.

Here’s a quick look back at the rounds:

Judge Inspired: I made the Summer Chevron Dress (tutorial here)

Recycled or Repurposed: I made these Sweater Sleeve Hand Puppets

Sew for Someone Else: I made Emmy a Stylish, Comfy Maternity outfit

Anything with Pleats: I made a dress and clutch with Stripes, Leather, Fringe, and Pleats

Whew! Wears me out all over again! But how fun.

I’m going to take a little break from sewing today and spend the morning at the letterpress studio (making time for my second favorite hobby:))

I hope you all have a really awesome weekend, filled with the things you love most!

xoxo

pixel I Sew Vived!

1. Posted April 27, 2012 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Yey!!!
    Congratulations! I´m glad my vote helped you get there! Now if only the computer could send some magic and and make me sew that well it would be perfect! ;)

Posted April 27, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

I’d like the computer to beam me some new talents, too:)

2. Alicia
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 9:16 am | Permalink

Congratulations! I love everything you made!

3. Posted April 27, 2012 at 9:51 am | Permalink

CONGRATULATIONS!! You rock, Girlfriend! I always love the things you make, because it’s not necessarily about expensive materials or complicated techniques, just very streamlined, “simple” things done really, really well, the perfect on-trend shapes and flattering fabrics. Maybe “simple” is the wrong word — you only make it look easy because you do it so well. The things you sew or repurpose always look like they came from a chic, trendy boutique. That’s a rare combination — not only do you have the sewing ability and skills, but you also have the gift of envisioning how this pattern will make up in that fabric, and how it will look on you, BEFORE you put the time in sewing it up. Glad you “sewvived!”

Posted April 27, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

Thank you thank you! I love your detailed compliment, it means a lot. I do love to be able to envision a project before I begin and actually create it (most of the time:) You’re awesome.

4. Posted April 27, 2012 at 10:45 am | Permalink

Nice job! :) And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pleated dress!!

5. Tasha
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

Congratulations- you totally deserve it!

6. Posted April 27, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

congrats. your dress was gorgeous..your sewing is AMAZING!:)

Posted April 27, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

Thank you! I am definitely learning a ton as I continue to sew things outside of my comfort zone. There’s lots of behind the scenes disasters, but I do love when something seems to just work out as planned. Luckily, the striped, pleated dress ended up in that category!

7. Posted April 27, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Of course you won!! I never doubted for a second :)

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see what you make with your winnings!

8. Rabeea
    Posted April 28, 2012 at 3:02 am | Permalink

CONGRATS Miranda. I loved your entries in every round. I wasn’t able to vote in round 3 and was going to be so upset if you didn’t make it through.

ALSO, just thought I should let you know. Your Olivia the Pig costume is making its rounds on Pinterest. Plus there is an adorable Olivia the Pig Valentines Day party going around as well. I have almost planned a birthday party incorporating your costume…hmmm

Posted April 28, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Thanks! It’s really fun to see my things on Pinterest. I hope you get some fun ideas for your party!

9. Posted May 7, 2012 at 2:37 am | Permalink

You did such an amazing job, you totally deserved to win. Those two dresses you made are so fabulous…I wish I owned both of them right now.