Easy DIY Polka Dot Pocket Tee

Polka Dot Tee DIY Easy DIY Polka Dot Pocket Tee

Polka Dot Tee Juice Easy DIY Polka Dot Pocket TeePolka Dot Tee Tee Juice Marker Easy DIY Polka Dot Pocket Tee

A few months ago I got a couple of these Tee Juice Markers from Jacquard. I thought the broad, fat tip looked absolutely perfect for simple polka dots. Turns out it is! There is no guess work involved! Just squeeze, stamp, and repeat.  Turning this basic pocket tee into a polka dot pocket tee took me twenty minutes. Enjoy!

pib pinterest Easy DIY Polka Dot Pocket Tee Polka Dot Pocket Tee DIY Easy DIY Polka Dot Pocket Tee
pib pinterest Easy DIY Polka Dot Pocket Tee Polka Dot Tee back Easy DIY Polka Dot Pocket Tee **Important Tip: f you only want polka dots on the pocket, make sure you insert some cardboard or a plastic bag inside the shirt to prevent bleeding through to the back. If you forget this step, you may decide to add polka dots to the rest of the back to make it look intentional…ahem.

Of course, then you’ll need to insert something to keep all of these additional polka dots from bleeding back through to the front (I used a piece of poster board wrapped in a garbage bag). Even though it was a mistake, I love the way the tee looks with the polka dot back, too. Gotta love those happy accidents!
pib pinterest Easy DIY Polka Dot Pocket Tee Polka Dot Tee pocket Easy DIY Polka Dot Pocket Tee

What do you want to polka dot with Tee Juice Markers? I can see this crazy-easy polka dot method making some seriously cute baby onesies, napkins, curtains, tights, pillows…etc, etc, etc.

Did I mention they come in over a dozen colors?! Oh, the possibilities!

pib pinterest Easy DIY Polka Dot Pocket Tee Polka Dot Tee side and back Easy DIY Polka Dot Pocket Tee

The Tee Juice Marker was provided to me c/o Jacquard, however, this project and post express my own opinions and ideas. Thanks!!
pixel Easy DIY Polka Dot Pocket Tee

1. Posted September 20, 2012 at 11:22 am | Permalink

Whoooweeee what a brilliant invention! Super cute top, you are so creative it’s nuts :)

2. Posted September 20, 2012 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Love, love, love this!! You did an awesome job! I would love to try those markers out–such a great way to get a polka dot look with a nicer quality tee or whatever you want! Pinned right away. =)

3. Charlotte Gordon
    Posted September 20, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Love this tutorial! Thank you so much for sharing! I’m glad to hear about your happy accident, the polka dots on the back are my favorite part!

Posted September 20, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

The back turned out to be my favorite part, too!

4. Emmy
    Posted September 20, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

LOVE.

5. Posted September 22, 2012 at 8:54 am | Permalink

You are so crafty, and the dots on the back is great, some mistakes lead to wonderful design, make me want to do my own polka dot shirt, hmm.. now where did I put that grey t-shirt.

6. Posted September 26, 2012 at 2:22 am | Permalink

Rad.

7. Posted October 1, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

I just found your blog through cotton and curls. I love this diy. I cannot wait to try it! I never thought of just doing the backside of a top and the front pocket. So balanced, though. Love it.

Posted October 1, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

Glad to have you! This is a fun DIY—and SO easy! Good luck!