Big Bow Dress Pattern Release!

I am so excited to announce that the pattern for the Big Bow Dress has been designed, digitized, edited, illustrated, tweaked, tested, tweaked some more, and is finally…FINALLY available for purchase HERE in my little shop!

From the first time I made the Big Bow Dress, I was smitten. The design has come a long way over the last two years that I’ve been sewing them as custom orders, and the dresses made from this pattern are sweeter than ever.  Cassi, the incredibly talented photographer of Sassa Art Photography shot a few Big Bow Dresses in action last week and her images capture the charm of the dresses perfectly (okay, the adorable models don’t hurt the cause!)

pib pinterest Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! Big Bow Dress 2 Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! pib pinterest Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! Big Bow Dress Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! pib pinterest Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! Big Bow Dress PDF Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! pib pinterest Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! Big Bow Dress Jump Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! pib pinterest Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! Big Bow Dress Dancers Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! pib pinterest Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! Big Bow Dress PDF1 Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! pib pinterest Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! Big Bow Dress5 Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! pib pinterest Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! Big Bow Dress 7 Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! pib pinterest Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! Big Bow Dress PDF 2 Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! pib pinterest Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! Big Bow Dress Toddler1 Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! pib pinterest Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! Big Bow Dress Frolic Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! pib pinterest Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! Big Bow Dress Pattern Big Bow Dress Pattern Release! I have loved sewing the Big Bow Dress dozens of times, and am now thrilled to pass the baton off to my fellow sewists! This is the perfect dress for the upcoming Holidays. It has also been known to make some pretty dazzling flower girl dresses! In fact, the Big Bow Dress is just the thing to make any day special. (Did I take go overboard with that last one? :))

Seriously, I hope everyone enjoys making the Big Bow Dress as much as I have (and I can’t wait to make some for my own little girl. maybe. someday.) For more details about the pattern itself and to get your hands on one, visit the shop HERE or click the SHOP button in the right sidebar.  Oh, and to celebrate, use the code “GOBIG” through next Saturday, November 3rd for 15% off of the pattern. Happy Sewing!

For reference, the dresses pictured here are sizes 5 (blue), 4 (mustard), and 18-24 m (natural).

pixel Big Bow Dress Pattern Release!

1. Posted October 26, 2012 at 12:14 am | Permalink

SO cute, congrats girl!!

2. Posted October 31, 2012 at 10:20 am | Permalink

totally awesome. so happy that you finished the pattern! And you’ll have to give me the inside scoop on grading. ;) Oh, and why can’t I get your blog to go into my google reader?! I don’t want to be missing out. :)

Posted October 31, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Thanks Anna! I need to learn more about grading, too! This one I actually drafted to measurements every time I got an order for a new size, so when it came time to digitize it, I was ready with all of the sizes! I just had to trace them on top of each other, and there was my graded pattern!

Hmm, about the rss feed, I’m stumped! Are you copying and pasting into the reader subscription? Maybe you could try to add it with the rss button on the sidebar. You should be able to click there, then add google reader as your choice. Let me know if it doesn’t work still, maybe others have the same issue and I need to resolve it!

xoxo

3. Posted November 6, 2012 at 10:03 am | Permalink

Its really adorable. I am wondering what it would look like in a less structured fabric like a silk or rayon, or a corduroy for winter. Anyways, I am pretty sure we will be making this at some point.

Posted November 6, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

Thanks Kelli! I’ve made it in satin and charmeuse. Both looked darling. With the slinky fabric, if the bow isn’t tacked at the shoulders (which is optional) it drapes and looks like a floppy tied bow, rather than a bow tie-looking bow. I think the pattern would handle a corduroy really well, especially in the little bigger sizes. On the smaller, it may get tricky to turn the shoulders right side out. A lighter weight cord would be perfect!

4. Posted April 2, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

had your pattern been available when I embarked on my challenge last year I totally would have used it instead of attempting to recreate the wheel!
    I just posted a remake of yours with a down graded bow and a bigger single pleat in the center…Although I might have to go steel the dresses and make a bigger bow! :)
    Thanks for your inspiration…I linked you in my post.

Posted April 3, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Great job on your dresses, and thanks for the link!

5. Esmeralda
    Posted July 11, 2013 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Omg. I love this. What kind of fabric should I use?

Posted August 11, 2013 at 11:01 pm | Permalink

I have had success with quilting weight cotton, but you could make it with just about anything!